Both are great but you'll probably only get to do one for the bachelor party. Atlantic City also offers both so depending on which you choose, you'll be able to get it done (and we can help you with either).
So here's some advantages and disadvantages of the two:
- Much bigger and cooler fish.
- Sometimes much less actual number of fish caught
- Trip length can range from 4-12 hours
- Long ride to the fishing grounds then home
- Probably more "thrill" from the fishing
- Usually much more expensive
- Nobody but the captain, mates and your party on private chartered deep sea boats
Party Boat (Back Bay)
- Approx. a 4 hour trip so it doesn't take the whole day
- Fishing within a couple minutes of leaving dock
- Much less expensive (approx 30 bucks a guy)
- More focused on hanging out, drinking, catching up
- Much calmer waters just in case anyone is hung over or gets sea sick
- Usually more numbers of actual fish
- Smaller fish
- Other parties on the boat (which is good and bad)
Our absolute recommendation for a bachelor party is to do party boat fishing. Your in Atlantic City for a Bachelor Party - not for a whole day of fishing. If you want to go deep sea fishing at some point... great - do it when it's not competing for time with strippers and gambling.
Mike - Atlantic City Bachelor Party